Eden Animation is looking for Director and Pre-production crew for their upcoming 3D CGI animated feature film (stereoscopic) on following positions –
1.Film Director: Relevant experience in 3D/2D Animated feature filmmaking. Ability to work with overseas crew and multiple country coproduction projects.
2. Storyboard Artists: Good sense of 3D animated film storyboarding with relevant experience and production pipelines.
3. Lead Character & Background Designers: strong artistic skills with proficiency in time bound delivery.
Interested candidates are requested to contact at email@example.com with their updated resume. The position will be offered in Dublin unit. Kindly include links of your latest project/work along with the resume.
The IADT Graduate Exhibition opens on Thursday June 6th at 5pm (by invitation only) and opens to the public on Friday 7th June at 2pm on IADT’s main campus based on Kill Avenue, Dun Laoghaire.
The Exhibition will include work from:
Visual Communication Design,
Visual Arts Practice,
Film & Television Production,
Design & Digital Effects courses,
Design for Stage & Screen — Production Design, Costume Design, Makeup Design.
Opening dates/times are:
- Friday 07 June 14:00 – 20:00
- Saturday 08 June 12:00 – 16:00
- Monday 10 June 14:00 – 20:00
- Tuesday 11 June 14:00 – 20:00
- Wednesday 12 June 14:00 – 20:00
- Thursday 13 June 14:00 – 20:00
The exhibition also has a twitter feed on @IADT_FACT
The animation graduates will be exhibiting work with a focus on the following areas:
Traditional Animation, Flash, 3D, Cut out Animation, Storyboard Artists, VFX, Background & Character Design
The following graduates will be showcasing their work:
Aaron Quinn: www.zenithquinn.portfoliobox.net
Aoife Balfe: aoifebalfe.portfoliobox.net
Gary Chadwick: http://garychadwick.portfoliobox.net/
Olwen Hogan: http://olwenhogan.com/oz/olwen-hogans-portfolio/
Thomas Young: http://thomasyoung.portfoliobox.net/
Rory Kerr: http://rorykerr.carbonmade.com/projects/4817149
Audrey Dooley: http://www.audreydooley.portfoliobox.net/
Gareth Lyons: garethlyonsmc.carbonmade.com
Claire Lennon: http://clairelennon.carbonmade.com/
Joe Chu: http://www.joechu.portfoliobox.me/
Jessica Freeney: http://www.jessicafreeney.portfoliobox.me/
Claire O’Reilly: http://claireoreilly.portfoliobox.net/
Marcel Moorcroft: https://vimeo.com/user6778260/videos
Maria O’Brien: http://mariaobrienart.portfoliobox.net/
Natalie Ní Chléirégh: http://natalienichleirigh.portfoliobox.net/
Steven Heron: http://stevenheron.portfoliobox.net/
Liam McCartin: liammccartin.portfoliobox.net
Giant Animation Studios are currently looking for Storyboard Artists
* Create story ideas from script provided.
* Work closely with Director, Head of Story, Art Director, and other members of the production team to develop the cinematography and staging; choosing initial cameraplacement and angles; defining action, camera movement, and character acting
* Pitch sequences to the Director, Producer, Leads, and other members of the production team.
* Convey the essence of story line, scene structure, character emotion, and create action and humor in alignment with the overall direction of the film
* Create drawings to troubleshoot and change sequences throughout the production process
* Solve story and structure problems
* Professional experience or outstanding portfolio required
* Ability to work digitally preferred
* Ability to create action and humor expressed through drawing
* Strong drawing skills with a sense of design, appeal, character acting, and composition
* Strong layout and design skills
* Understanding of cinematic scene and dramatic structure
* Ability to work collaboratively and quickly
*Artists must work in Giant Animation Studios, based in Dublin, Ireland
Please send us a C.V. and link to your portfolio via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Boulder Needs You!
An opportunity has come up for a hard working and talented animator to join our existing crew.
Applicants must be classically trained in animation and a basic knowledge of Adobe Flash is absolutely necessary.
Please forward your application with a 2D specific showreel to
Job Description: Compositing, FX and grade for 26 x 11 min new children’s animated TV series. Successful candidate will lead a team of two assistant compositors handling all compositing for series and will be required to liaise with director, producer and project manager to maintain delivery of final composited episodes on time, problem solve any FX requirements or compositing issues, and create the final deliverables of each episode for tape to the highest broadcast standards.
Candidates must have previous experience of working on episodic or long format animation for TV or film. Must have ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines as well as being able to problem solve issues that arise. Must have experience of working in teams and instructing others working under their guidance as well as effectively communicating to co-workers in other departments as well as the Director and Producer.
Experience in using After Effects and Flash a must. Knowledge of Premiere, Final Cut and Toon Boom Harmony a bonus.
Please email Keith Feely to apply: email@example.com
2D DIGITAL ANIMATOR TEAM LEAD
Kavaleer Productions are recruiting for a 2D digital animator Team Lead for an upcoming TV series. The project will be animated using CelAction 2D software. We’re working on multiple high profile projects, so this is a great opportunity.
Experienced 2D Digital Animator for busy animation production studio.
• Must have proven 2D character animation experience. Broadcast series experience is preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years experience using CelAction in a paid position is required.
• Experience using Flash, After FX, Toon Boom or Anime Studio a plus.
• The ideal candidate will have Lead Animator experience.
• Must have excellent knowledge of traditional animation principles and the ability to apply them to the digital medium.
• Must be flexible, willing to learn and be a motivated and motivating team player.
• Able to work within a production schedule.
• Must have good interpersonal skills.
• Must be willing to work in-house in our Dublin studio.
This position is an excellent opportunity for highly organized and motivated animator who enjoys being part of an exciting, fast paced animation studio.
Please submit your CV and digital showreel to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload a CV via our website http://kavaleer.com/jobs/
All you Studio Ghibli fans are about to be very happy! The lovely folks over at the Light House Cinema have been kind enough to give us 2 pairs of tickets for a screening of My Neighbour Totoro AND another 2 pairs of tickets to Grave of the Fireflies!
The dates and times for the screenings are as follows:
My Neighbour Totoro will be screened Friday 24th of May at 18:45
Grave of the Fireflies will be screened Friday 24th of May at 20:45
If you would like to be in with a chance of winning these tickets, all you have to do is like
the image on Pegbar’s Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/pegbar
) referring to the Studio Ghibli tickets, it looks like this
That’s it! We will draw names from the list of likes on Thursday the 23rd at 13:00. Ticket winners will be told how to collect their tickets after the draw on Thursday.
If you don’t win the tickets, not to worry. Both of these great films will be screening for a week at the Light House Cinema in celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the release of the Studio Ghibli classics. Screenings are in Japanese with English subtitles, there will be a special family-friendly dubbed screening of My Neighbour Totoro on Saturday and Grave Of The Fireflies on Sunday afternoon.
Tickets can be purchased at www.lighthousecinema.ie
Best of luck to all entering the competition
BCFE Animation Graduate Showcase 2013,
Irish Film Institute, Screening 7pm, Wednesday 22nd May 2013.
Kieron, Arkins, Niall Byrne, Don Carey, Eoin Coakley, Gavin Hoffman, Adam Kavanagh. Barry Keegan, Mark Kilkelly, JJ McGrath, Erin Overman, Stefanie Reville, Maureen Walshe, & Rachel Wilson.