Layout Artist Team Lead x 1
Cosgrove Hall Fitzpatrick Entertainment, are seeking an outstanding Layout Artist Team Lead for an initial 30 week contract starting in October, based from their new studios in Didsbury near Manchester
Cosgrove Hall Fitzpatrick Entertainment was founded by Brian Cosgrove, Mark Hall (succeeded by his son, Simon Hall) and Francis Fitzpatrick to create entertaining, innovative and brilliantly characterised children’s television shows that will appeal to global audiences.
It is a name set to become synonymous with high quality children’s entertainment, drawing on both the development talents of its creative team and Cosgrove Hall’s 40 year legacy as one of the UK’s most respected and influential producers of animated programmes.
The company operates from its historic home in Manchester and has offices in London and New York.
- Must have proven 2D Layout design experience.
- Must have proven Skills in Flash
- Broadcast series experience is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and FLASH
- The ideal candidate will have experience of leading a small team, assigning and approving work and maintaining the production schedule.
- Essential to have a thorough understanding of the animation process and the technical possibilities available.
- Responsible for splicing the animatic images / audio, cataloguing these into episode and shot folders in Flash
- Producing layouts that define the Backgrounds and action that will take place within each scene, ensuring staging is technically correct.
- Will work closely with the Lead Animators to prioritise the scenes for animation.
- Must communicate well and be willing to take notes and direction under tight deadlines.
- Able to work within a production schedule and share progress with the Production Management.
- Ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks
- Must be flexible, willing to learn and be a motivated and motivating team player.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to work in-house at our client’s Didsbury studio.
- Preferably available to start in October or soon after
An initial 30 week contract is available however a longer contract may be available for the right candidate.
Contracts will be subject to a short probationary period.
Good rates are available and will be dependent upon experience.
Email Nikkifeare@chfmedia.com with a C.V. and portfolio.