Bluebear is looking for a skilled 2D generalist. Art style should lend itself to the kids market. The position will be responsible for creating and designing all artwork from concept to completion. We are looking for someone with a wide range of skills including illustration, texture painting, interface art, cartoon style and, as an added bonus, limited 3d modeling knowledge.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with game producers and programmers to design game assets, including
- 2D static images, 2D animated content, texture painting illustrations, in-game promotional material, and UI elements.
- Take the lead on creating concept art. Produce mock ups of game ideas and game processes. Implement art concepts by creating highly polished game-ready art assets.
- Participate in the game development process, providing input on game play, asset design, and UI functionality.
Type of Person
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with the best iOS applications on the App Store, and an appreciation for beautiful UI.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative.
- General understanding and interest in brand development.
- Genuine passion and enthusiasm in computer games in general, and an interest in kidsgame development.
Experience and Qualifications
- Deep understanding of graphic illustration, and game art.
- General understanding of animation principles.
- Should have deep knowledge modern illustration tools, Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash.
- Please provide links to your portfolio of work and/or games you have worked on before.
This role can be offered on a permanent or contract basis. Salary or Contract Rate will be negotiable.
This role is based at The Digital Hub, Dublin 8, located 15 minutes walk from the city
centre and minutes from LUAS and Heuston Stations.