The European Commission under President Barroso’s leadership is considering ending the MEDIA Programme as it currently exists. This decision would have a very negative impact on all of the European audiovisual industry, which benefits from the numerous funds offered by this programme.
- All European professionals are rallying the cause: a large number of directors and producers of live-action films and documentaries have already signed the petition to stop the proposed abolition.
- All national (EFAD) and regional (Cine-Regio) public funds have sent letters strongly opposing this proposal.
The Animation Film industry must also react strongly. That is why we are inviting you to sign this petition.
We must act fast and gather as many signatures as possible within 2 weeks, since the Commission will make its decision in March.
Let’s take action!
- The MEDIA Programme is recognised and appreciated by the European audiovisual professionals.
- The MEDIA Programme has adapted to the changes in our profession and has had a strong impact on our industry. In 20 years, the number of European co-productions has increased significantly and the pan-European distribution of audiovisual works has jumped forward. A real success!
- The growth of the animation industry has been spectacular and MEDIA has played an important and dynamic role in this progression.
- Europe must defend European content (stories, graphics, traditions) for its children and future generations. A vital battle for our culture.
- It would mean, among other things, the demise of the Cartoon Forum, Cartoon Movie and the Cartoon Masters…
SIGN THE PETITION HERE
News from Enterprise Ireland – http://bestconnected.enterprise-ireland.com/
Published February 24th, 2011 by Anna-Marie Turley
Enterprise Ireland are always looking to balance the need for companies to map out their business plans with the need to get on with the serious business of creating Sales, Exports and Jobs. That’s why we launched the Internet and Games fund in December. Because of that success, a follow-on initiative, the Competitive Start Fund, launches today.
If you are an early stage company with a software solution from any of the following sectors, you can apply to our Competitive Start Fund. The application form is all online, but you must complete it before March 11th, 2011.
• Cloud computing
• Enterprise software
• Internet & Games
Up to 15 companies will be selected to receive an investment of €50,000 , in return for a 10% ordinary equity stake. The investment will be made in two equal tranches. This means that the selected companies will be required to secure additional investment of €5,000 prior to the release of Enterprise Ireland’s investment.
If you’re a shortlisted applicant you’ll need to deliver a short investment pitch to a panel of industry experts and Enterprise Ireland. Full details can be found on www.enterprise-ireland.com/csf or email firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01 727 2202
Calling all Digital Artists!
“Creativity is core”
We are looking for exciting digital work to showcase to Irish Marketing professionals, work that
challenges convention, celebrates the hack, educates the next generation and celebrates creativity.
Our aim is to educate the Irish marketing sector to the rich source of creativity and talent on its door
step with the view to opening -up new relationships where co-creation becomes the magic mix.
We are looking for a 2-3 minute video pieces showcasing the very best of your work, from animation
to design to creative coding, from hacktivism to co-collaboration to inspiring video, from video
mapping to digital graffiti, the doors are open.
The 2-3 minute pieces can be show reels of your work, a selection of edited pieces, all we ask is that
it has the ability to excite!
To make the process easier to handle we ask you to send a link to your work for review. Point of
Deadline for submissions is March 23rd 20011
What’s in it for you? An opportunity to promote yourself and make contacts within the digital
marketing industry, also
- Mentions in several EDMs sent to over 1,000 companies around Ireland and UK pre and post event
- Mentions in weekly Sunday Business Post ¼ spread ad
- Coverage in our Sunday Business Post Digital Summit Social Media channels – Facebook and Twitter
- Covered in our Sunday Business Post Summit website with links driving users to their site
Background to conference
The 2nd National Digital Media & Marketing Summit which is being held on 30th March 2011 in the
Croke Park Convention Centre is focused on to educating and expanding marketing professional
delegates’ knowledge of the current trends in the digital marketing industry today. The Summit aims
to bring digital marketing professionals and clients together; both agencies and service providers
to discuss the most important issues such as Social Media, Mobile Digital Communications &
Entertainment, On Line Advertising, On Line Video.
Website – http://www.digitalsummit.ie/