StoryToys releases ShipAntics – The Legend of the Kiki Beast
StoryToys, a leading publisher of interactive books and games for children is delighted to announce the release of ShipAntics – The Legend of the Kiki Beast, the first chapter in a new transmedia adventure by Studio POWWOW. Developed under licence by Odin Publications, the app is available worldwide in the App Store from today. Watch the trailer here.
Set in a vibrant cartoon world, Chapter 1 of ShipAntics represents a fresh take on the classic puzzle adventure game genre. An irreverent, fun-filled episodic adventure, it interweaves quality animated cartoon content with a story-driven game featuring puzzles and hidden challenges. Players become immersed in the zany world of the good ship Barnacle, brimming with instantly lovable characters such as Amanda the daughter of the ship’s captain Fred, Otto, a cheeky young octopus and many, many more.
“We’re delighted to have the opportunity to collaborate with Studio POWWOW on such a unique and innovative project,” said Barry O’Neill, CEO of StoryToys. “As digital storytellers interested in creating ‘transmedia’ experiences, POWWOW’s interests perfectly complement those of StoryToys. ShipAntics’ combination of comical cartoon action, vibrant characters and quality puzzles result in an incredibly engaging experience that we know our audience will love.”
“StoryToys’ unparalleled success in publishing games and interactive books for kids on mobile platforms makes them the perfect partner for the launch of ShipAntics” said Richard Glynn, CEO and Producer at POWWOW. “ShipAntics is a truly unique project, bringing together the worlds of animated content and mobile games. We’re confident that this launch is the start of a long and exciting journey for Studio POWWOW, our partners StoryToys and Odin, and of course for Amanda, Otto and the rest of the crew of The Barnacle!”.
ShipAntics – The Legend of the Kiki Beast is chapter one of a three-chapter series, with chapters 2 and 3 releasing in coming months. It includes the following features:
• A rich and engaging text-based puzzle adventure game
• Lots of riddles and puzzles to solve and prizes to be won
• TV-quality cartoon content, including an ‘Appisodes’ feature so you can watch the cartoons separately from the game.
• Rooms throughout the ship to be explored and investigated.
• Collect stars by finding secret objects and hidden creatures throughout the game.
• Customizable outfits for the characters, with new clothes to be earned during the game.
• Play your favourite puzzles again and again in Puzzle Mode; can you beat the High Score?!
• Available in English, French, German and Spanish.
ShipAntics – The Legend of the Kiki Beast is available from July 24th for $1.99 / €1.99 / £1.49 on the App Store for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.