Mercury Filmworks are hiring 2d Animators
2D DIGITAL ANIMATORS
Mercury Filmworks are currently seeking talented 2D Digital Animators, at all levels, for an exciting high-profile production with worldwide exposure.
This position is an excellent opportunity for highly-skilled and motivated animators who are willing to push the envelope of what is possible in order to create beautiful, memorable animation. High performing individuals will have the opportunity to make director-level compensation. Their team works on the highest profile and most demanding 2D animated series being produced in the industry today. Come be a part of an exceptional team!
Start Date: September 2014
Job Reference Number: ME-2DDA-0514
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Salary: Local Industry Standards
- Minimum 2 years of experience is required.
- Knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony is an asset.*
- Must have a strong sense of animation timing, posing, weight and storytelling.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast paced environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and willing to learn.
- Will consider candidates with 3D background that have a strong sense of the animation basics.
DEMO REEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Multiple walk cycles (animal and person)
- Weight distribution (example: lifting a box)
- Strong posing
- Strong examples of animation fundamentals
- Snappy and traditional styles (examples: Kick Buttowski = snappy & Jake & The Never Land Pirates = traditional)
*Training will be provided to those who pass our proficiency test. Toon Boom Harmony training will also be provided to selected candidates.
NOTE TO ANIMATORS: MERCURY FILMWORKS WILL BE PARTNERING WITH ANIMATION SKILLNET (WWW.ANIMATIONSKILLNET.IE) TO RUN AN INTENSIVE HARMONY COURSE IN DUBLIN, IRELAND IN AUGUST 2014 FOR SELECTED CANDIDATES.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and link to your demo reel or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “ME-2DDA-0514” on the front and in the subject line of all submissions.