Boulder Media are Hiring!
Boulder Media are looking for applicants for the following positions.:
The 3D Generalist must have a basic knowledge of all common 3D tasks and be able to complete them efficiently and competently within different pipelines. As such, he or she must be adept at prioritizing workflows and identifying the right order in which to complete tasks.
- You must have a clear understanding of 3D modelling, texturing, and ideally animation pipelines and how 3D assets fit into 3D animation pipelines. You are responsible for any and all 3D tasks necessary to the production. This can include but is not limited to problem solving, tools development and general scripting in Python / MEL.
● You will collaborate with Lead Technical Director to plan and establish methodologies that meet or exceed the requirements of each production.
● You must have and display a solid knowledge of the following programs: Maya, 3D Studio Max and Toon Boom.
● You are expected to provide regular updates, reports and/or reviews as required.
● You will be responsible for ensuring that your work is completed on time, within a rigorous production schedule with shifting daily deadlines.
- You will have a clear understanding of the programmes Maya, 3D Studio Max and Toon Boom Harmony which will allow you to support the overall needs of production pipeline and toolsets.
• Knowledge of and experience in compositing would be a plus
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong 3D technical knowledge.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Calm under pressure.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Highly organised and methodical
• Excellent problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience in animation production or other media-related pipelines would be a distinct advantage.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA. This company is an equal opportunities employer.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced individual to join the Boulder Media team in the role of Junior Editor.
• Provide production with exports in multiple formats.
• Responsible for tech checking all exports.
• Ensure all scenes are correctly named and filed.
• Creating rough animatic assemblies.
• Assisting the Editor with any other necessary duties.
• Good computer skills
• Excellent file management skills
• Knowledge of Premiere Pro would be an advantage.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Able to adapt to established processes and workflows as well as suggest improved ones, work to demanding deadlines and have a positive attitude
• Good interpersonal skills
• A background in animation is not essential.
Boulder Media is an equal opportunities employer. This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA.
EPISODIC DIRECTOR- for Boys Action Series
The position of Episodic Director requires someone with a thorough knowledge of the animation pipeline, with experience preferable in a similar role working on broadcast or film projects. Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production.
- Partnering with the Director, the Episodic Director participates in all creative aspects and in all phases of the production to achieve the overall completion of the show.
- Prepare script notes for storyboard department.
- Prepare/review rough animatic in preparation for the Director’s review.
- Review clean storyboards and approve for delivery
- Work with supervising director to prepare animatic for delivery to client and prepare for animation. Work closely with the Technical team and Art Director to troubleshoot the episodes.
- Review episodic animation passes and provide feedback for animation director.
- Working with supervising director, review offlines and generate edit and retake notes; prepare episode for delivery to client
- Prepare responses to client feedback, create list of agreed/acceptable retakes and lock episode to time.
- Approve retakes for final episode.
- At least 2 years of industry experience, preferably in animation.
- Prior directorial experience preferred.
- Strong storytelling skills
- Bachelor’s degree in film, art or related field preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of motivating and leading teams with enthusiasm
- Comfortable in working to tight deadlines
- A good understanding of the technical challenges of animation
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA. Boulder Media is an equal opportunities employer.
If you think you fit the descriptions above please apply via the Boulder Media website: http://www.bouldermedia.tv/